Just cooked these up for last night’s dinner at the chapel and they got rave reviews, so I thought I’d share the recipe. Very easy to cook and come out absolutely delicious!
Recipe: Three Bean BBQ Beans
Summary: Great BBQ Bean recipe for picnics and potlucks.
- 31 ounces dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 31 ounces white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 44 ounces pork and beans (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce, any flavor
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced and quartered into bite-sized pieces
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot, stir, and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
I could not find any white kidney beans, so just used Great Northern beans instead. I think any white bean will do.
Cooking time (duration): 10 minutes prep / 7-9 hours til ready.
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)