We tried this recipe as part of the two week study of Russia. It was really good and I’m planning on making it again. Plus it was so easy.
Pirog (Russian Apple Pie)
- 4 apples - peeled & diced (I used 3 large)
- 3 eggs
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. flour
- 1 teaspoon (or more) butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add flour and sugar.
- Butter pie dish and add apples.
- Pour egg mixture over apples and smooth it out evenly. *I topped it with small pats of butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are golden brown.
- Best served with vanilla ice cream.